- Registers - a virtual representation of traditional register books
- Register record - an entry in a register (burial, cremation, pre-need etc)
- Allocation - a unique site or place of burial, interment, inurment etc.
- Full cemetery & crematorium register system framed around NSW legislation/ regulations
- Deceased or license holder
- applicant details
- full service details
- allocation details
- related documents
- billing, ordering, work permits
- Multiple registers defined by end user (different buirial registers, pre need registers, cremation registers)
- Comprehensive and safe allocation (burial plot etc) management- it is not possible to allocate any given site twice.
- Service Booking and Scheduling Diary (plug-in)
- Full search functions
Register Record Logging and Alerts
- Record messages against any register record
- Auto message recording can be user defined (i.e. when a particular report is generated or a letter is mail merged)
- Messages can be set to trigger an alert in the future
- Unique approach to group each funeral director's transactions for a period to a single invoice.
- Transactions are linked to their respective register record.
- Cash receipting
- Easily create price quotes for customers
- Track quotes issued
- Turn quotes into invoices (billing)
- Plaque ordering etc & tracking
- Plaque design editor can be called from the Final Filer
- Order tracking, receiving and placement tracking
- Monument and cemetery work permit system
- all transactions linked to applicant (monument mason etc) and register (burial) record
- Tracking and processing
- TWAIN document scanning
- Scanned documents are stored (indexed) to their respective register record.
- Full on mail merging with auto scheduling & triggering defined by the user
- Sophisticated end user report designer and generator
- The report designer is well suited to implementing sophisticated mail merge solutions, especially for customer service follow up.
- A large range of addon applications for special tasks has been developed over the years. Contact Final Filer Software for more details or particular needs.
1FF Remote Data Synchronization
This program is a companion for the Final Filer data. It is intended to synchronize a subset of data from the Final Filer with an online data base used by the Final Filer's Register Search web application. The Web Application can be obtained from the Final Filer's website.
The program assumes you have
Read/ Write Access to the Final Filer database, usually registerpro.mdb
Read/ Write Access to the FF Register Search web application database. http://finalfiler.com/files/regsearch3/regsearch_schema.zip.
Read/ Write MySQL ODBC connection on your local computer, connected to the remote mysql database as described in 2)
2.1Configuring mysql ODBC
The mysql ODBC connector can be downloaded from this web-site:
Once you have it installed, configure a mysql ODBC connector to the remote mysql database. There is information that can be accessed from the above link if you don't know about ODBC connections.
3The ODBC connection
On your Windows PC, hold down the WINDOWS key and press R. You should see the RUN dialog. Type odbcad32.exe and press enter. Note that there is a 64 bit version of odbcad if you are using the 64 bit version of the mysql ODBC driver.
When the dialog opens, click the SYSTEM DNS tab
Select the MYSQL driver and click FINISH.
Set the configuration criteria according to your server. Your criteria will be different to the above. If in doubt, consult those maintaining & administering your server and database.
When ready, test the connection. If OK, set the name of the Database to use.
Download the program installer. Then install it on a Windows PC, preferably one running the Final Filer or one that can access the Final Filer's main database (registerpro.mdb) AND the webserver's mysql database.
You can start the program from the Final Filer Software group on your Start Menu. Look for “FF Remote DB Sync.”
5Running the program –
When the program runs, it will check that it can connect to the two required databases. If it cannot you will be prompted to configure the connections.
The mysql connection is described in the links above.
To build the local connection, when you see something like
Click the “Use Connection String” radio button. Then click BUILD…
On the Provider TAB choose “Microsoft JET 4.0 OLE DB Provider”
Select the registerpro.mdb database. The user name can be Admin with no password.
Test the connection. If everything is OK, click OK, OK.
ODBC – the remote database
This is similar to the local database connection. It is assumed that you have a working mysql ODBC connection working, as described above.
Click the BUILD button. When the dialog appears click the “Provider” tab and select “Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC Drivers”. Then click the Connection tab.
Select the data source name from the drop down list
Test the connection. If everything is OK, select the catalog (database) and click OK. Click OK and then click Close.
Confirm the database connections (see 5.1) to the local database and the remote database are configured and available
Check and specify the registers that are to be included in the data transfer. See 7.1.1
7The Program Interface
Check Tagged Registers
Click this to specify which registers contain the records to be synchronized with the remote database. Check the box next to those registers you want to include.
7.1.2Sync Register Group Data
Check (tick) to sync the data table containing the register group names. The option is checked by default and it is recommended you leave it like that.
7.1.3Sync Area, Portions, Row Data
Check (tick) to sync the data tables containing the Area, portion and row names. The option is checked by default and it is recommended you leave it like that.
7.1.4Clear Change Log on Completion
The “Update new and changed records” option (see 7.3) is dependent on a log table maintained by the Final Filer. The log records those register records that have been added or changed.
After a successful synchronization the log can be “emptied”, thereby reducing the number of records to be synchronised at the next update.
The item is checked by default. It is recommended you leave it like that.
Clicking the button tests to see if the database connections are OK. A like will appear showing the results.
7.2.2Local DB Connection
This option lets you check and configure the connection to your local database. See 5.1
7.2.3Remote DB Connection
This option lets you check and configure the connection to your remote database. See 5.1
Choose the manner in which the Final Filer's data is to be synchronized with the remote data:
Update new and changed records – synchronisation occurs for records that have changed or been added since the last synchronization.
Add New records only – new records that have not been synchronized are created on the remote database.
Add and update all – full synchronzation.
Click the process button to commence the transfer and synchronization of the data. The indicator bar will show progress. The time the synchronization takes depends on the amount of data and your network connection.
Note the CLOSE buttone changes to “CANCEL” when processing is underway. Clicking CANCEL will attempt to interrupt the current action.
Final Filer For The Web Demo Application available
The online demo mentioned below is now available to interested parties. Read this about obtaining a user name and password for access,
Oct 18 2017
Last year pre-empted a web application to replace the Final Filer Pro Desktop.
We are now getting close to making a demo version available, so here's an update on progress.
Final Filer Pro Desktop Maintenance Update 126.96.36.199
This maintenance release is in response to reports of unwanted invoice and related record deletions.
This program is a desktop application for Windows. Its purpose is to let you set parameters & preferences for the remote web page and to synchronize the local Final Filer Data with the remote mysql database. It can synchronize the register records and allocations data.
It can also scan for images, automatically process, resize and upload them to the remote database.
RegSearch Web Application 3.23 update
A couple of fixes and code optimisation.
RegSearch version 3.22
(Sept 5 2017)
After a bad start with version 3.21, 3.22 is now available. It fixes the Global Variable error. I have also improved the instructions:
The RegSearch web application uses this program to sync your local Final Filer Data with your web server's data.
- Version 188.8.131.52 - 3rd Sept. 2016
- New - Customer quotation module - please see website for upgrading and user manual details
- New - auto updates for fiscal year settings - see configuration form; fiscal periods are now (optionally) semi automated
- FIXED - Preference Form - Year start end calculating incorrectly
- FIXED - Some captions and titles not displaying correctly or not displaying at all
- KNOWN ISSUE - reports of receipt (payments) transactions deletion causing mass deletions. I have been unable to identify or duplicate the behaviour.
31 August 2016
I am about to make the Final Filer (Desktop) version 1.9.5 available for download. It doesn't really offer much of the new except a beefed up Customer Quotations module that is integrated into the application rather than being a plug in. There are the usual bug fixes and further attempts to improve performance, perceived and real.
It was my intent to make this the last major update of the Final Filer. After all, 30 years is perhaps enough.
However, a couple of emails from power users wanting more, a phone call from a long time user telling me they were going to write their own data management system to replace the Final Filer, and the continuing daily barrage from our many "small" users give me reason to reflect.
9th Jun 2016
A minor update with enhanced search functions and grid field display changes.
26th Feb 2016
After nearly 20 years, I'm pulling the the pin on public-cemeteries.net.
25th Feb 2016
This utility for the Final Filer is intended to help you order and store image files with their respective Register Record.
You can download the installer package from the Final Filer's Website.
11 Feb 2016
- NEW: Added InvoiceNo and Customer fields to fiscal pivot date
- NEW: Export function - there is now an "Export" function on the File menu so you can export the grid data in a variety of formats including spreadsheet formats
- CHANGED: Fiscal Periods (years, quarters, months) are now based on the INVOICE (Transaction Header) date rather than the transaction date. It should provide more accurate fiscal period reporting, especially in relation to debtors.
Final Filer Pro (Desktop) update 184.108.40.206
- FIXED - Display options connection to data list source sometimes lost when I rebuild the program from source. This appears to be a bug in the combo box source code. The connection is now checked at boot and re-assigned if necessary.
- UPDATED - Booking Director (New Register data entry) - further fixes to avoid null conversion errors.
- NEW - Quick new register record entry form - in response to a couple of requests here there is now a very quick way to add a minimial record, with or without allocation selection. For details check the updated help file for "Quick Register Entry"
- NEW - Form to maintain/ add/ edit service types
- UPDATED - help file, including the online help, to reflect the changes with this release.
- UPDATED - further improvements to error logging; progressivle error traps will show the module name, function name and line number. If you see them please report them with a screen dump (Print Screen)
- If you are running a version of the Final Filer prior to 1.9.4 get the full upgrade
- If you are running version 220.127.116.11 or later, you only need the minimal update.
This version provides additional inbuilt functionality to manage and audit temporary storage locations, such as those used in cremator urn storage facilities.
This version brings a new wizard like interface. You can also specify folders and files that must be included in the transfer. Transcoding FLACs, OGGs, and WMA files is now optional.
FIXED: E_FAIL Bug when using Allocations Data
CHANGED: Allocations Data renamed fields AllocID and IndexNo (RegisterData.id)
- Updated to version 18.104.22.168- further fix to pivot grid that affected fiscal date filtering, resulting in transposed quarter and monthly periods.
- NEW: Added a dataset to extract disposition stats.
Important EOY Date Issue Notice
This affects Final Filer version 22.214.171.1246 and perhaps earlier versions as well.
It has come to notice that the EOY dates are not being saved correctly from the "Preferences" in the Final FIler. This may impact on reports that use these dates financial data. An interim workaround has been posted here.
- New: A utility program to manage Register Status Log Messages
- Updated: Utility program to validate allocation of Service types to register records.
Update build 126.96.36.1996 is available. Please read the change log and make a backup of your database before installing the upgrade.
A utility program for those of Final Filer clients using images to show allocation information in reports etc.
Update build 188.8.131.52 is available. Please read the change log and make a backup of your database before installing the upgrade.
Final Filer Web - testing and road mapping
News about the Final Filer for the Web can be found here.
NEW: Applicant to Register Entry relationship field visible on Register Browser. Note you may need to change the column visibility settings in the browser.
FIXED: Under some circumstances Service Options Display reverted to zero (none) on new record
NEW: Defaults for service date & time can be set in View > Maintenance > Preferences
UPDATED: Help File with details on default service date/time
UPDATED: If you are not using the "Classic" view, the state of the navigation pane at the right is now remembered between sessions
REMOVED: Related Records tabbed page on register data form- replaced by related record
FIXED: Cannot select register group in new register record wizard
ADDED: Additional fields in registerdata_relationships for marriage details
Help file updated with information on "Display Options"
Version 184.108.40.206 Update
Version 1.9.3 incremental update
This update introduce "relationships", i.e. relationships can be established between two or more register data records, which might be useful for genealogy and cemetery management purposes.
FIXED: Data connections between country, state & birthplaces broken
REVIEWED: Unique ID for new allocation index records not being generated, fixed in 220.127.116.11; confirmed to be fixed and working.
NEW: Register Browser will now save and recall last search criteria between sessions
FIXED: Hourglass not turning off when traversing sctions in allocation browser.
FIXED: Report Designer not available from VIEW > Reports menu.
BUG: [Service Options] required field not being assigned a value in new register record wizard
CHANGED BEHAVIOUR - Company Selection Dialog and Preferences no longer pop up on start. User should now call these as required.
FIXED: Register record "Show in Allocation" not working
FIXED: Bookmark by Query fails to auto mail merge
FIXED: Fatal error - database connections not opening
FIXED: "Must Do" alerts not displaying data.
FIXED: Fatal bug in new data record wizard when Service types not properly defined.
- Improved start up time
- Better integration with Service Booking Diary
- Installer sets up Service Booking Diary
- FIXED: Assign to Holding in Register Data Form
- FIXED: Service type and Venues combo box rendered blank in Register Data Form
As of this version the Service Booking Diary is incorporated in the installer.