How to update
- Make a backup of your Final Filer Installation - if you are too lazy to do that, at the very least take a copy of
"C:Program FilesFinal Filer SoftwareFinal Filer Proff4wpro.exe"
- Check your backup is reliable.
- Download the file from here
- Unzip the downloaded file on your PC
- Run the update installer
If it fails
Restore from your backup. If you only made a copy of ff4wpro.exe, restore it to
"C:Program FilesFinal Filer SoftwareFinal Filer Pro"
If you continue to have issues after that, contact me with a detailed description of the problem. Please don't just tell me "it doesn't work".
This is the hash value of the file as uploaded and generated at http://onlinemd5.com/
Version 22.214.171.124 30.12.2015
FIXED - Display options connection to data list source sometimes lost when I rebuild the program from source. This appears to be a bug in the combo box source code. The connection is now checked at boot and re-assigned if necessary.
UPDATED - Booking Director (New Register data entry) - further fixes to avoid null conversion errors.
NEW - Quick new register record entry form - in response to a couple of requests here there is now a very quick way to add a minimial record, with or without allocation selection. For details check the updated help file for "Quick Register Entry"
NEW - Form to maintain/ add/ edit service types
UPDATED - help file, including the online help, to reflect the changes with this release.
UPDATED - further improvements to error logging; progressivle error traps will show the module name, function name and line number. If you see them please report them with a screen dump (Print Screen)
MD5 Hash: 07B1B529C9F6F7F1DFEEC06B61624F2F
Version 126.96.36.199 - 30.11.2015
FIXED - Display option combobox source list became disconnected in build 188.8.131.52 - you may need to reset the default display option value in the Preferences.
Version 184.108.40.206 Released November 2015
- NEW - Interface for auditing and batch processing temporary storage locations
- NEW - Function to move record to another temporary location
- NEW - Configuration allows you to set the maximum number of temporary holding spaces.
- IMPORTANT: After updating and if you use temporary holding allocation
- open the VIEWS > Maintenance > Preferences form.
- Click the "Allocations" tab and
- update the Maximum Holding Locations field to reflect the capacity of your holding facility.
- NEW - Temporary Holding allocation now has a hissy fit when you attempt to allocate to a full holding area.
- NEW - When you allocate or de-allocate temporary positions from the register browser, a status log message is recorded.
- CHANGED - minor performance tweaks for the register data entry form.
- UPDATE - topics on temporary storage
- FIXES - minor bug fixes and tweaks